Swim Parent Advantage
The Number 1 Support Program For Swimming Parents
Do you want to provide your child with the best support you can on their journey through competitive swimming?
We can help you with Swim Parent Advantage!
Swim Parent Advantage is specifically designed for you if you:
- Are a parent of a young swimmer starting out in squad training and competitive swimming
- Are a parent of junior or age group swimmers looking to support your child and their participation in competitive swimming as much as you can
- Have never swum competitively yourself but would like to learn more about the sport and how you can provide the best support possible to the swimmer/s in your family
- Are a parent who wants to provide the best nutritional support to your child or children.
- Are keen to know more about the intricacies of competitive swimming
- A parent who would like to understand more about athlete development and how it affects the performances of male and female swimmers as they move through the age groups
- Are keen to understand the requirements and support required for swimmers to progress to an elite level
- Would like to understand the pathways available for competitive swimmers
- A parent who would like to provide positive support to your child and know the right things to say or do when their child experiences success or disappointment
- Excited about the opportunity to be knowledgeable about the sport and learn from some of the best coaches in the world
- A parent who is isolated from other parents with swimmers at a similar ability and would like to develop a network of parents in a similar situation
- Are keen to participate in a parent’s only forum to learn more about competitive swimming, to share ideas and help others.
Swim Parent Advantage is an annual membership program. Each parent member receives:
- A weekly post or video on the sport of competitive swimming
- Access to a network of swimming parents from around the world to ask questions, share ideas and mastermind with via a Private Facebook Group – whatever topic you would like to know more about, we can help you
- Presentations on a variety of important topics through regular webinars
- Live Q&A’s giving you the ability to ask your specific questions directly to coaching experts, support staff and industry leaders – don’t worry if you can’t make the online events as they are all recorded and added to our exclusive online member’s only library so you can watch them at any time
- Links to quality resources all in the one spot to save you time and improve your knowledge
- Developing a better understanding of competitive swimming
- Becoming a better swimming parent through continual learning from experts
- Improved communication skills
- Developing more successful children by providing the right environment and support
- Expanding your parent support network and ability to learn from others
- Reducing the feeling of isolation if you’re a parent in a small or remote club
- Improved relationships with your children and their coach
- Increased support around you
Who's the instructor?
Gary Barclay, Leigh Nugent and Rohan Taylor are the drivers behind the Swim Parent Advantage program. With more than 100 years of swimming and coaching experience between us we can help you to better understand the sport and your role within it.
Our mission is to create an environment where parents of swimmers from around the world can learn together and support each other for the betterment of themselves, their children and each other, around their involvement in the sport of swimming.
We have worked with thousands of parents over time, including answering their questions on a daily basis and providing support and guidance on their child’s progression within the sport. Let us help you too!
Overview & Modules
StartStructured Swimming (5:23)
StartWinning & Losing (4:31)
StartTime Management (4:53)
StartWhat Is Goal Setting?
StartTypes Of Goals
StartSetting & Achieving Goals
StartEvaluating Performance Against Goals
StartHow Do Goals Affect Sense Of Achievement?
StartKey Responsibilities (6:02)
StartThe Challenges (5:27)
StartTeaching Independence (4:46)
StartThe Parent/Child Relationship (5:08)
StartProviding Support (7:06)
StartManaging Success & Disappointment (6:44)
StartFinancial Considerations (5:30)
StartParent Etiquette (5:48)
StartThe Ideal Swimming Parent (4:34)
StartPositive Coach Support (5:22)
StartMoving Club To Club (5:43)
StartProgress Concerns (5:34)
StartCoach/Swimmer Relationship (4:12)